Morale, Welfare and Recreation at NAS Patuxent River / NRC Solomons has announced Robert Hooper as Employee of the Year and Joan Buck as Supervisor of the Year for FY2023.
Hooper is a Recreation Aide at the West Basin Marina. He was nominated by MWR Management Analyst Melissa Daugherty, who said, "In addition to his Marina duties, he is always willing to help other MWR programs. Whether he is at the Flight Deck Lounge or helping maintenance set up and break down tents, he is always there to lend a hand."
Hooper also was named Employee of the Quarter for the first quarter of FY2023.
Buck is the Lodging Manager at NRC Solomons. She was nominated by NRC Solomons Site Director Carrie Jay-Root, who said Buck demonstrates "consistent initiative and a positive team-focused appproach with her daily endeavors and execution of duties."
Buck was also named the Supervisor of the Quarter for the first quarter of FY2023.
All of the employees and supervisors who were honored during FY2023 include:
- 1st Quarter
- Robert Hooper, Recreation Aide at West Basin Marina: Employee of the Quarter
- Joan Buck, Lodging Manager at NRC Solomons: Supervisor of the Quarter (tied)
- Jennifer Beavers, Community Recreation Manager: Supervisor of the Quarter (tied)
- 2nd Quarter
- Mona Floyd, Fitness Specialist for Fitness Programs: Employee of the Quarter
- Adaryll Ferguson, Maintenance Supervisor at NRC Solomons: Supervisor of the Quarter
- 3rd Quarter
- Carly Pedersen, Recreation Aide at Cedar Point Golf Course: Employee of the Quarter
- Katrina Crabtree, Recreation Supervisor at NRC Solomons: Supervisor of the Quarter
- 4th Quarter
- Carla Brennan, Recreation Assistant for Fitness Programs: Employee of the Quarter
- Jikele Carver, Assistant Recreational Lodging Manager at NRC Solomons: Supervisor of the Quarter