Aquatics Center: Outdoor Pool
The Outdoor Pool will be open the week of August 31 - Sept 4 while the Indoor Pool is closed.
Beginning Monday, August 31, 2020, the Outdoor Pool will be available to Active Duty Members and their dependents.
Reservations are required.
Hours of Operation:
|Monday - Friday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturdays||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Sept 7 / Labor Day||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
Then the Outdoor Pool will close for the season on Sept 8, 2020.
OPEN TO ACTIVE DUTY ONLY.
- RESERVATIONS ONLY. CALL 301-342-4225 Limited to three per lane. Max of 24 per swim hour.
- No reservations, no entry, no exceptions.
- 6 – 6:45 a.m. EXERCISE, 6:45 – 7 a.m. EXIT FACILITY
- 7 – 7:45 a.m. EXERCISE, 7:45 – 8 a.m. EXIT FACILITY
- Moderate exercise only.
- Dependents can swim in a lane with same family members that are Active Duty.
- Only Fitness swim is available for Active Duty Members and dependents. NO RECREATIONAL SWIMMING.
- No training items will be available. Bring your own.
- No drinking from water fountains. Bring your own water bottle.
- No Shower.
- No towel service.
- No Group exercise.
- Recreation swimming is not available at this time and no programming such as Swim lessons, water exercise classes, etc.
- Please follow all rules and guidelines for your safety and that of the staff.
Located next to the Rassieur Youth Center, the outdoor pool is an Olympic-size facility offering fitness swim, recreational swim and swimming lessons. The pool is open beginning the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
The pool’s impressive amount of deck space makes it an ideal rental facility for private parties and other functions. The Outdoor Pool is available to rent for parties 7 days a week throughout the summer season (Memorial Day - Labor Day).
Navy Youth Swim License Eligibility
To attain full access to the Aquatics facility, all youth ages 17 and under must successfully pass the Navy Youth Swim Test. Upon completion of the swim test, the patron will be required to wear a wristband. There is a weight restriction on the slide. Learn more.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9-10 a.m.
Tuesday & Thursday: 5-6 p.m.
Passes available for: $4.50 per class, $26 for 8 classes, $55 for 20 classes, and $120 for 6 months unlimited classes.
Private & Group Swim Lessons Available
Swim Lessons are available all year. For more information please call 301-757-3943.
Fitness swim is offered free of charge during designated times. During these times a maximum of six lap lanes are open and personnel can swim on a first come, first served basis. Multiple swimmers per lanes is permitted when capacity warrants it. When other programs are scheduled during these times the numbers of lap lanes are reduced. Other events could include Aqua Aerobics, Swim Lessons, Special Events or Saturday Rec Swim. Circle swimming is encouraged when more than two lap swimmers are present in one lane.
Active Duty & Dependents.........No Charge
Navy Fitness: Making A Splash In Aquatic Safety!
Through SPLASH, Navy Fitness strives to educate parents and youth on pool safety and the dangers associated with unsupervised swimming. With structured swim lessons, professional swim skills assessment, safe play, and active parental supervision, the risk of accidental drownings can be significantly reduced.
To attain full access to the Aquatics facility, including slides, diving board, and other recreational activities, all youths 17 and under must successfully pass the Navy Youth Swim Test. Contact your local Aquatics program to schedule a swim test.