The picturesque Cedar Point Golf Course on NAS Patuxent River features a par 72 championship course that stretches 6,714 yards from the longest tees. The course features well-bunkered greens with narrow, tree-lined bermudagrass fairways and spectacular views of the Chesapeake Bay and Patuxent River. We are open year-round, weather permitting, to those with base access.
The original nine holes opened in 1947, but a planned extension of runway 24 prompted a new layout. Historical documents show that Robert Trent Jones visited the site in 1952 to offer his design services. Ultimately, the current design was produced by Fred Findlay and opened for play in 1954. (Mr. Findlay’s older brother, Alexander, known as the “Father of American Golf,” was also a golf course architect who designed courses beginning in the late 1800s). The golf course went through a complete renovation in 1998-1999 to include new USGA bentgrass greens, bunkers, tees, upgraded irrigation, and a full-service clubhouse. A second bunker renovation project was completed in 2014.
Course Amenities Include:
- Pro Shop - One stop shop for merchandise, booking tournaments and lunch meetings at Mulligans.
- PGA Instruction
- Two Practice Greens
- Two Practice Fairways
- Target Green
- Driving Range
Tee Times (Please note that base access is required for those wishing to play Cedar Point Golf Course.)
- For online tee times, click here.
- For phone reservations, call 301-342-3597.
- Walk ins are welcome, subject to availability.
Tournaments and Outings:
- Tournaments and outings may be scheduled for groups of all sizes.
- Available to those with base access only.
- For scheduling information, or for more information, call 301-342-3597.