Cedar Point Golf Course
The picturesque Cedar Point Golf Course on NAS Patuxent River features a par 72 championship course that stretches 6,714 yards from the longest tees. The course features well-bunkered greens with narrow, tree-lined bermudagrass fairways and spectacular views of the Chesapeake Bay and Patuxent River. We are open year-round, weather permitting.
The original nine holes opened in 1947, but a planned extension of runway 24 prompted a new layout. Historical documents show that Robert Trent Jones visited the site in 1952 to offer his design services. Ultimately, the current design was produced by Fred Findlay and opened for play in 1954. (Mr. Findlay’s older brother, Alexander, known as the “Father of American Golf,” was also a golf course architect who designed courses beginning in the late 1800s). The golf course went through a complete renovation in 1998-1999 to include new USGA bentgrass greens, bunkers, tees, upgraded irrigation, and a full-service clubhouse. A second bunker renovation project was completed in 2014.
Course Amenities Include:
- Pro Shop - One stop shop for merchandise, booking tournaments and lunch meetings at Mulligans.
- PGA Instruction
- Two Practice Greens
- Two Practice Fairways
- Target Green
- Driving Range
- All 18 holes are open for play. Contact the Pro Shop for cart restrictions.
- Walk-ins are welcome!
- Reservations are no longer required but encouraged! Book Online
- Masks are no longer required inside the clubhouse.
- Tournaments and lunch meetings may now be scheduled through the Pro Shop.
- For more information or over the phone reservations - call 301-342-3597.