NAS Patuxent River COVID-19 Information
Naval Air Station Patuxent River is tracking the COVID-19 pandemic and working with tenants and Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) to keep our population safe. The following resources may be helpful to anyone looking for information on our operations here, and on COVID-19 in general.
In the coming days and weeks, it is important to emphasize that NAS Pax River is required to follow DOD and US Navy COVID-19 health protection protocols. As a result, there will be periods where the installation will not follow the reopening guidance and direction taken by the State of Maryland. Rather, the installation and its plans for reopening facilities and services fall under the constraints of Navy policies, orders, and direction which is designed to preserve our Naval forces, combat capability, and to ensure the health and safety of our military and civilian workforces.
We will continue to update our Facebook page as conditions and policy change. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we move forward.
As of November 23, 2020
Due to the HPCON C transition, the following changes to Pax River MWR Facilities and their hours are as follows until further notice:
• Auto Skills - Closed
• Liberty Center - Closed
• Bowling - Closed
• Theater Coffee Shop - open/to-go only
• Tickets and Travel - By appointment only.
For reservations, please call 301-342-3648.
• Customized Creations - By appointment only.
For reservations, please call 301-342-3569.
• West Basin Marina - By appointment only.
For reservations, please call 301-342-3573.
• Cedar Point Golf Course - By appointment only.
For reservations, please call 301-342-3597.
• Outdoor Rec Rentals - Closed
• Playgrounds - Closed
• Campgrounds - No new reservations will be accepted
As of November 23, 2020
For complete details on updated hours of operation for each facility, please visit the pages by clicking on each department.
NRC Solomons Navy Getaways Lodging Office
NRC Solomons Adventure Zone (includes Mini Golf Course & Driving Range)
NRCS Point Patience Marina (including Sunset Pier)
Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS)
- Open with modified service
- Front Desk Hours: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Daily
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM NRC SOLOMONS
We continue to navigate recovery and cleanup efforts throughout the entire installation from the damages sustained during TS Isaias, along with subsequent damages sustained from storms throughout the last week. Providing and sustaining an environment that is safety driven is imperative for our guests and team alike.
- Please be advised that there are still dozens of large trees, limbs, fences and other similar hazards down throughout the base. We have worked closely with our Safety and Public Works teams to identify and mitigate over the course of the last week and half and continue to discover additional issues daily. We ask that you share any concerns/issues that you may see with our team or our Security team at the front gate so that we can secure the concern and work to resolve accordingly.
- NRC Solomons operations are currently secured and unavailable for use with our anticipated reopening date slated for Friday, 28 Aug. The Navy Getaways team is available to assist with any questions that you may have regarding status of reservations and can be contacted (Mon-Thurs, between 10 am – 5 pm; Fridays from 10 am - 7 p.m.; Sunday & Saturday between 10 am - 5 p.m.) at 410.326.2924/27. The Administrative team is also available to provide assistance with general information and updates, Monday-Friday, 8 am - 4pm at 410.326.6836.
- Guests with property in our storage areas (secured/unsecured/wet slips) are authorized to access these spaces. Access to the secured lots can be provided daily between 10 am -7 pm at our NG Lodging Office.
- The marina ramp is available to those who wish to launch their vessels, but guests are advised that there is limited overflow parking at this time and to be attentive to large equipment that will be working in the field.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Open - Condition Level 2
Effective March 26, 2020, Naval District Washington (NDW) Navy Child and Youth Programs (CYP) will suspend care at all Child Development Centers for all patrons that are not designated as mission-critical by their command. Commands will contact their designated personnel directly and may be required to provide Navy CYP with a designation letter to ensure only mission-critical personnel receive care at this time. Those designated mission critical, but not currently registered with CYP, must register prior to scheduling or utilizing care.
SCHOOL LIAISON OFFICER'S UPDATE
- COVID-19 School Closures
Due to the COVID-19 and an abundance of caution, Maryland Governor, Larry Hogan, and State Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Karen Salmon, have closed all Maryland schools through the rest of the school year. For information, online/distance learning guidance, and instructional resources, visit your local school system's website. Resources may be posted directly on the homepage; others may have it posted under COVID19 updates.
Attention NAF Employees - Support is available for any NAF employee experiencing increased anxiety, fear or emotional stress surrounding the coronavirus outbreak, it may help to speak to a professional clinician through your employee assistance program (EAP) provided by ACI Specialty Beneﬁts. ACI’s EAP is conﬁdential, free to use for employees, and open to all family members. Call ACI at 800.932.0034 or email eapinfo@acispecialtybeneﬁts.com.
Download the brochure here.
- For up-to-date news regarding Navy Operations and Management, please visit https://www.cnic.navy.mil/om/covid-19-updates.html
- For NDW news, visit https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/ndw/om/covid-19-health-protection-condition.html
- For news updates on NAS Patuxent River, please visit the command Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NASPaxRiver
CDC COVID-19 Website:
US Government Response to COVID-19:
World Health Organization (W.H.O.) COVID-19 Website:
St. Mary's County Health Department COVID-19 Website: